View Single Post
Old Feb 5, 2015, 12:00 am
Carfield

CX 889 YVR-HKG February 2015

February 2015
Cathay Pacific Business Class
CX 889 Vancouver to Hong Kong

Supper
We have created a selection of meal choices for your enjoyment as you prepare to wind down and settle in

A tasty blend of
Freshly prepared savoury dips accompanied with grissini

With a choice of
Steamed chicken with Chinese sausage and mushrooms, steamed Jasmine rice and stir-fried vegetables

Or
Grilled Canadian beef tenderloin with porcini mushroom red wine demi glace, roasted fingerling potatoes, grilled peppers and broccolini

A fresh note of
Seasonal berries

*Cheese Plate
St, Paulin, Brie, Bleubry
Crackers grapes, and quince paste
Available upon request – please ask your crew

For those preferring a lighter meal
Chatham carrot and ginger soup accompanied with bread sticks
Seared Ahi tuna Nicoise salad offered with anchovy vinaigrette
A fresh note of seasonal berries

Illy freshly brewed Coffee and a selection of teas
889-1199J <02/15>

Snacks Available Upon Request
Grilled Canadian Angus Burger with Provolone cheese pickled dill cucumber served with tomato ketchup
Shrimp Wonton in noodle soup

Haagen-Dazs Ice Cream

Breakfast Served prior to arrival

Refresh with:
Orange or Apple juice
Papaya, kiwi, honey & mint energizer
Fresh Seasonal Fruit

Natural or Fruit Yogurt

Assorted Cereals

Followed by
Ham and Cheese Frittata, parsley potatoes, streaky bacon, spinach and grilled Roma tomato
Or
Sliced beef with ginger congee, served with stir-fried egg noodles with imperial soy sauce
Or
Mini chicken glutinous rice wrapped in lotus leaf with Chinese dim sum

Bread Basket
Assorted breakfast breads
Served with preserves, honey and butter

Coffee and Assorted Teas
889-1200/1201J <F~A/15>

PS. This supper menu is just a disaster and those dips are just nasty. Even at the stage of hunger, I could not finish this dip and the red dip, which was okay, but the other dip was just tasteless. This dip shows how little effort CX actually puts into its catering, and you can buy better dips from your local supermarkets. Not sure why CX is continuing these dips and people, you really need to email and write CX to get rid of this mess. The entrée is getting smaller and smaller, and there is no dessert. I was so tired as of this point that I went to sleep. I woke up mid-flight and got so hungry that I only felt good after eating a bowl of noodles, which is something CX still does well, and has not cut back. Cathay Pacific’s late night flights are getting worst, and the inability to deplane at Vancouver makes it even more painful, as I cannot go to the lounge and get some real food.