Thread: CX J Menus 2015
View Single Post
Old Feb 4, 2015, 11:59 pm
Carfield

CX 889 JFK-YVR February 2015

February 2015
Cathay Pacific Airways Business Class
CX 889 New York JFK to Vancouver

Dinner (well more like supper or light meal)
For starters
Smoked salmon with mesclun salad
Balsamic vinaigrette

Followed by
Steamed cod with preserved black olives, steamed Jasmine rice, pak choy and carrot
Or
Spring lamb, homemade gnoochi, edamame and coriander pesto

Or
Mushroom quiche with tomato sauce

And to Finish
*Stilton Blue, Manchego, Camembert
Crackers, grapes and quince paste

Raspberry frangipane with vanilla sauce

Illy Freshly brewed coffee and a selection of teas
889-1203J <02/15>

For a 9:10pm departure from JFK, Cathay Pacific offered this supper/light meal service with no pre-meal cocktail/beverage with warmed nuts. The F/As went straight with the starter tray setup, bread services, and given a light load and I was at 16K, first row in the larger business class cabin. I did not get a beverage till I finished both my starter and bread, and considered that I was taking photos. The starter was the only saving grace of the meal, and it was actually delicious. Then there were only three entrée options and the lamb was okay, but it was strange to offer gnoochi with no tomato or cream sauce, which made it very dry, and the piles of edamame made zero sense. Then the F/As did not even offer dessert at all, and they quoted that even the dessert was on demand. The whole service was completed within an hour after takeoff and before we passed Niagara Falls. I was shocked that a proper dinner was not offered, given that limited offering at the BA lounges in JFK. I flew a 9:20pm departing from Male two weeks ago, and a full dinner service was offered. Yes Americans tend to eat earlier but New Yorkers don’t eat that early. It is a five hour and thirty minutes flight, and why the rush!