FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 12/31 is FAST approaching....anyone in 'A WORLD OF HURT' to qualify?
Old Dec 3, 2001, 11:33 am
MatthewClement

Programs: BD / BA / AF
tvl4free, finally a chance to use your powers for good instead of evil , and make a lot of Europeans very happy in the process. Here's a challenge a lot of us are struggling with, and your magic with a CRS could be invaluable:

You will, no doubt, have read about the fantastic promotion that KLM is running. Most of us are in the same boat -- we need the full 12000 FD points or 20 segments in the next six months. Any flight within the FD program qualifies.

While I can usually work my magic building 8 and 10 segment runs with FFAssistant (thanks, MJG!) I'm struggling to squeeze extra segments out when it comes to KL/NW runs.

Realistically, I'm assuming we need to finish our travel before March, when fares traditionally creep back up. Most of us can only travel on weekends, although being able to avoid the Saturday night stay requirement would be a bonus for many.

Selfishly, a STN/LGW/LCY/LHR start would be best for me, but others need fares ex-CDG, FRA, and AMS. I'm happy to qualify on segments or points, but am obviously looking for the best deal. Right now, two trans-atlantics with connections are looking like the best option, but you might tell me differently...

So, tvl4santa, have I been a good boy this year? I've apologised for that whole foot-and-mouth thing (and the related politician's disease, foot-in-mouth), and that mad-cow prank was just a bit of harmless fun.

Have you got something to put into my stocking?

There's milk and cookies in it for you, and a carrot for your reindeer.

------------------
Please visit The Mileage Runner's Toolkit and Unofficial United Airlines Guide