FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When are the AV 787s in service ?
View Single Post
Old Feb 4, 2015, 7:19 am
drvannostren

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
I kinda feel like they'd make you stay on board no? Johnny what do they do on that LIS flight? You can buy BOG-PTY-LIS but not BOG-PTY right? I don't believe Medellin has any sequestering or holding rooms so if they made you disembark, you'd get off grab your bags and basically have to go to check-in again...a process surely not able to be done in less than an hour.

At YVR we have the HKG-YVR-JFK flight and all the passengers from HKG-JFK are let off the plane, but they are kept in a sterile area, but CX also has sales rights YVR-JFK so I'm not sure if that throws a wrench into it.

I love that Colombia is getting more service in general and maybe you two guys on the ground there know better than I do, but how sustainable do you think these are? I've noticed more people who I encounter who've been to the US or Spain (Madrid specifically), is that just because people have more money or the visas are getting easier to get? Or am I just meeting the right people there? My first few times in Colombia I felt like no one was leaving the country. A 3x a week to AMS means they think there's roughly 1000 people in a week travelling between Colombia-Another European gateway, that's a lot of seats.