FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 100,000 Points for maintaining diamond?
View Single Post
Old Feb 3, 2015, 4:03 pm
indufan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by arlflyer
I guess I don't know what your point is.
My goodness, we are going to have to agree to disagree with this.
Originally Posted by arlflyer
You seemed to be trying to assert that the vast majority of people to whom this might be relevant (HH diamonds/golds) don't read online publications regarding frequent travel.
YES, this is absolutely correct. It is an incredibly small percentage. I will concede that it is more than it has ever been.

500,000 FT is a joke. Tell me how many of those have been active in the past month? People don't stumble into high-tier elite status, they number of nights required. For many of them, anything they get for free about it is great. You don't know how many times I have seen a coworker drop 120,000 SkyMiles for a couple of $200 tickets. I have a bunch of coworkers and some of them lurk here but I am not sure any of them have account. Mostly, they rely on me to keep on it for them.

Since this is a pretty big deal, there might be enough word get around to cause them some backlash but I am pretty confident they thought about that and have a plan. Remember, it was just a few days ago that people were all up in arms about no 1Q promo and now look at it.

IHG has done heavy promo targeting for years.