FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 100,000 Points for maintaining diamond?
View Single Post
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:26 pm
arlflyer

Originally Posted by CFFrost
I never really understand complaining about not being targeted. Chances are, the next promo you will be targeted and some folks who received this promo will not be.
Two responses:

1) Hilton IT is so bad that who knows what "not targeted" actually means? LOTS of people on this thread never got "targeted" but put their info into the deep link someone provided and voila! So is it much of a stretch to think one might have been left off the list entirely? If a two-line email stands a chance of a response of "Oh, I see we forgot to include you, here you go", then yes I'm going to send it!
2) I'm not going to leave my business up to chance and let someone else play games with my money. People who didn't get this but had it rubbed in their faces are supposed to just sit there and wait 3-6 months?

Originally Posted by hugolover
This is the standard "why didn't I get xxx promo" response. No point reading into it at all.

You can find it verbatim across this forum.
Actually, what I found inexplicable here was the part about this promotion being "mailed to an audience of people who generally focus their travel outside of Hilton" when clearly it is being sent to a TON of diamonds.