FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finnair Australia to Europe. citro's AY Travel Questions
Old Feb 3, 2015, 3:24 am
citro
Suspended

Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
Be careful with Expedia, I know when I looked at Business Class fares on Expedia a "mixed" fare kept popping up, it was economy between Australia and Singapore on Qantas, then business class to Helsinki with Finnair. Look carefully before you book.

You've never flown business class before, so you'll be in for a treat. I have a feeling we'll be hearing quite a bit from you before you go
Hey.
Yes that's what i mean earlier. Expedia last time shows me that for business class will begin from singapore to europe. So from australia to singapore it be economic. As singapore be the change to finnair.

While saying that Finnair website would show a much higher expensive ever ticket business class from australia to europe.

thanks

That is what im doing and telling you what im getting with finnair website vs expedia website.

Australia to berlin. It will show me the cheapest price with finnair what so ever. But there seems to be not availabe with error on expedia.

Same thing with Finnair website.

So its australia to berlin (obviously it will stop at singapore then helsinki) before i get on flybe bounces to berlin.

But both websites has errors. Or that soemtimes the price is more then 8,000 dollars on (Economic trip all the way to berlin.)

I also include berlin to lapland. Berlin will get me to helsinki. Before i then catch another finnair to lapland. Days later i go home going back to helsinki and from there it would get me to hk or singapore or something to australia.

But even tho it shows errors or not available Or sometimes it would cost more then 8.000 dollars all up ? last year i travel did this it was as little as 2,000 dollars all up economic

Im only trying to see what economic shows up and then tried business class. But there is error or not available or the price is higher then normal.

Finnair website would sometimes show as high as 10.000 dollars to get to europe. This sounds pretty much very wrong or errors.

I wonder why!

And i try december 2015 just to test to see what shows up. start with 2nd of december 10 days in berlin. and 3 days in lapland.

Even it shows error i test it out what comes up with november 2015 and also October 2015 SAME as obove and error.

So what is going wrong there ?

Its why i thought the earlier you book it in the cheaper it is! So example if i travel in december 2015. Expedia and finnair website wont find availability or there is error or that sometimes the price is more then 8.000 dollars return on economic.

Last year i paid my ticket early 10 months before i left. And it was cheaper that way. But im suprise there is no availability .. And already ? something must be happening in europe in the next 10 or 11 months time ?

We were not able to find availability with your search criteria. Please change the search criteria and try again. (66002

with finnair australia website.

I type my city then to berlin. 10 days later Then berlin to helsinki next. Then 3 days later helsinki to australia.
Berlin Tegel (TXL) ?

What am i doing wrong!

Update now it seems to work but doing all this its showing me it will cost more then 6,000 dollars economic. When i last fly last year it only cost me 2400.00 economic. I wonder why! There has to be error or that most of the sites are not updated! It should not cost me 6,000 dollars to get to europe on economic. That price sounds more of a business class price.

Last edited by oliver2002; Jun 24, 2015 at 7:57 am