FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Creating High-Density 777 Domestic Subfleet
Old Feb 2, 2015, 9:03 pm
anc-ord772

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
I think this makes a lot of sense, and I consider it an upgrade within the framework of reality. The sub-fleet is limited to the short range sUA 772 aircraft.

• All Hawaii 772 birds will get flat bed seats up front. I imagine these will be recycled IPTE C seats. People were livid about the barcalounger refit, so this is the upgrade everyone wanted.

• Yes, E- goes 3-4-3 which is similar to AA, but there is a very large E+ section which stays 9 abreast. Those that cant upgrade still have a decent E+ section.

• My guess, UNITED will deploy the sub-fleet to Hawaii, perhaps some northern South America routes which could use the cargo capacity, and maybe GUM. It's not impossible that we could see some hub to hub wide body action back in the rotation. I don't foresee the HD sub-fleet TATL, but I guess it's possible.

Way to optimize the aircraft and increase premium cabin comfort IMO. However, if UNITED gets greedy and sends it on TATL, big

Last edited by anc-ord772; Feb 2, 2015 at 11:59 pm