FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LBA cancellations during winter months?
View Single Post
Old Feb 2, 2015, 4:06 pm
Calchas
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tattikat2
Hello,

I wanted to ask if LBA has frequent cancellations due to bad weather during winter months?

I have a booking for the last flight of the day Mid December this year ( connecting from a TATL flight) to LBA and it would be really bad news if the flight were cancelled.

If any regular flyers of the LHR-LBA route care to share their thoughts it would be much appreciated.

I could take the train to Leeds as the arrival at LHR that day is around 2:15pm so time to get to Kings Cross.

Thanks for any replies^
You certainly plan in advance.

LBA does have problems with fog. This should not really affect your service because your flight to LBA will be operated by whichever aircraft is spare at the time, not necessarily the one coming back from LBA. So unless LBA airport is closed or there is major disruption on the network, it shouldn't matter what is going on elsewhere.

It would be faster to go via KGX though. Not that the trains are immune from delays or cancellations.

Finally BA does shift around the domestic timetables a lot in the winter so you may see your flight move around between now and then.