FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finnair Australia to Europe. citro's AY Travel Questions
Old Feb 2, 2015, 3:41 pm
citro
Suspended

Originally Posted by theBro
They usually call first the business class and elite members of frequent flier program. So people who fly a LOT do get to board first even if they travel on economy class.

Getting to business class does not require you to be a business person. Just pay for the more expensive ticket.
Hi theBro

Thank you kind enough to help me with my questions.

When i was in Singapore to get on the finnier. If not mistaken which was late anyway at night. They did not announced business class passengers first to line up here. I believe they said VIP or Special class tickets to get on here. I don't no. Perhaps they call it something different. I didn't new what that was. I was wondering perhaps it meant business class passengers to line up here to board the plane first. But i don't think they said business class. But more of Special or vip or something. Do they normally say that or they call it something else ? If i was to be a business class passenger i firstly would had never known if that line was meant to be for me or between all the economic passengers instead. For us economic took more then 10minutes to get in the plane after the first row had to go in first. These people line up first was just any ordinary people like us.

If im going to choose business class i presume i get in the plane first (or you don't have to) guess everyone would be passing by looking at the business class by many economic passengers.

I was just messing around with Expedia website in order to see what comes up with price deals.

For example i put in 1st of December 2015 till 11 of December Australia to berlin by finnair. It will get me to Singapore to change planes follow by helsinki to change to flybe to get to Berlin.

Then going to the next destination to north Lapland in Finland another 3 days and back home to Australia by finnair.

So when i did this (economic) How come it is showing me the total cost is: AU$6,415

Even if i wait till January gets available to book in the tickets. It will sure to show me between that price and anything over 8.000 dollars.

How come it was much cheaper last year when i did this booking for January and it only cost me under 2,000 dollars all up ?

Is there something happening in December and January coming up ? Price is so high. But its interesting how Expedia seem to have the price very different if i wait 2 months from now and look back at Expedia and do the same for these dates. Which then shows me the total cost be some what 2,000 dollars and not over 6,000 dollars.

Can someone please explain to me why the price is so high and then if i wait 1 or 2 months later the price is very low all of sudden ?

----

When i made my booking for finniar via Expedia. The price didn't cost that much it was like 2.000 dollars economic. Why is it that it is showing me a very expensive ticket ? There has to be something happening in berlin or something in 1st of December ?

Or perhaps Expedia is not updated yet and have to wait another month till i see the price change a lot ?

Its why i wondered that the earlier you book your airline ticket the cheaper it gets. Rather then wait close to date and end up having the price going higher. Isn't that true ?

However i want to travel with finnair. And Expedia is what it shows me first which seems cheaper but over 6,000 dollars just to get to berlin does sound more of a business class price rather then a economic. And i only choose economic just to see what shows up. But very expensive. Last year it was 2,000 dollars.

Last edited by oliver2002; Jun 24, 2015 at 7:55 am