FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deciding on a Oneworld Frequent Flyer Program? Help is here.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 1:44 pm
waitingforsanity

Be kind, be gentle, I'm new.

(1) What is most important to you in a FFP?
Reply: Racking up as many points as possible for personal use at a later date, and miles that do not expire.

(2) How many miles do you usually fly each year & in what class? How many flights/sectors?
The travel varies.
Reply:I travel to our HQ, Portland, Oregon roundtrip 1-2 times per month (1,676mi - 3,352mi)
There are additional flights to and from new acquisitions such as Dallas, Shreveport, etc.
-Travel to and from HQ (ONT>PDX) 20,112 - 40,224 miles minimum per year.
-Add in acquisition estimates (ONT>SHV) 2,740 - 5,480 miles per month which is 65,760 - 65760 miles per year just for acquisitions.
-That is a yearly combined total of 85,872 - 105,984 miles.

(3) What types of fares do you usually buy?
Reply:Business Class

(4) Can you choose your airlines and/or class of service? Do you travel for work and/or pleasure?
Reply: Travel is for work, I cannot select the airline, but I can opt for business class, I need the leg room.

(5) Which routes and airlines do you fly most often?
(US Domestic, Transpacific, Kangaroo, in Asia etc)
Reply: Domestic flights, with the possibility of 1 international flight (yet to be determined). Typically ONT>PDX or LAX>PDX, and then ONT or LAX to an acquisition like SHV.

(6) What is your home airport?
(SFO, SCL, London LHR, HKG, Singapore SIN etc.)
Reply: I would prefer my home airport to be ONT, but sometimes they book a flight out of LAX.

(7) Do you have FFP status of any kind in OW or other airline? What is it? Do you have any miles banked in a FFP?
(AA Executive Platinum, QF Gold, UA 1K, LAN Comodoro, etc)
Reply: I do not have any higher status with my FFP. I've only recently in this last month started a new position which requires frequent travel.

(8) Preferred Airlines? Most common Airlines flown on?
Reply: AmericanAirlines per company and sometimes JetBlue.