FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - checking through luggage no interline agreement
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:15 pm
dsquared37
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by velivolus
Because of the timing of the flights I think this is only doable if I can check the luggage through but PG on their website does not list CZ as an interline partner.

However, through email correspondence with PG I have been told they can check my luggage through all the way to LAX.

I don't know exactly how this works, having never checked luggage through multiple flights before. Should this still be OK if there is no interline agreement, or could it lead to complications for me if my suitcase was lost/misplaced?
According to below PG has an interline agreement with CZ. And their CS has told you it can be done (but when dealing with PG that's never a guarantee of anything!!!).

[KVS Tool 7.7.1 - Reference: Interline Agreements [IET]: PG]
Code:
ELECTRONIC INTERLINE CARRIER AGREEMENTS-PG                      
 INTERLINE CARRIER CODES                                        
   AB - AF - AI - AY - BA - BI - BR - CA - CI - CX              
   CZ - DE - DL - EK - ET - EY - GF - HM - HR - HU              
   HX - JL - JO - KA - KC - KE - KF - KL - KQ - KU              
   LH - LX - LY - MF - MH - MI - MS - MU - NH - NX              
   OS - OZ - PR - PS - QF - QR - QV - RJ - SK - SQ              
   SU - SV - S7 - TG - TK - UA - UL - UN - VA - VN              
   WF - WY - W9 - XF - YO - 8M - 9W
You might want to place both of your itins into your checked baggage. Also have a copy of your connecting itin to show the check in desk. Also be at the counter early. While I can't speak of VTE specifically I do know that check in tends to be outsourced with only 1 or 2 PG staff on hand so this could take a bit.... or it could be done in 5 min.

Last edited by Prospero; Feb 10, 2015 at 1:03 pm Reason: Remove commercial link from citation