FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback
Old Jan 31, 2015, 11:24 am
elusive1

Originally Posted by FlyingOutTLV
The hotel website display the price in GBP and charge in GBP. Amoma is a European OTA and charge only in EUR.

According to the T&C you have to find an OTA which both display the price and charge your credit card in the same currency as the hotel.

This is, in my opinion, the worst rule of the program. It makes no sense. None of the other programs have such a rule as far as I know.

This BRG program has really gone of the rails. The reward for success is excellent, of course, but it's almost impossible to get an approval this days.
I was turned down today because the room types were not identical. Amoma had the 3rd from the lowest class room (Deluxe) available for $507 vs. the lowest class room (Superior) at the Inter Park Lane London of $686. Of course the Deluxe Room is available at the IC London for $738 vs Amoma $507, but you must book the lowest rate to be eligible. It seems we are the only side staying within the spirit of the promotion.

Last edited by elusive1; Feb 1, 2015 at 12:54 pm