FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Visa Gift cards at Staples(2014-2015)
View Single Post
Old Jan 31, 2015, 10:49 am
wachrwill

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I've collected a lot of those $20 Visa rebate cards from past Staples deals and I forgot about a couple of them. Both expired on 11/14, one has $17 value and the other $2-3. The terms on the back state that there's no monthly charge for the first 6 months, then $3/mo after that. I think the cards expire after 1 year, so 6 months of $3 fees basically will empty my card out. I tried calling the number on the back of the card, but I can't get through to a human operator. The FAQ on the website says that if I call BEFORE the expiration date, I can get a new card with an extended expiration. I see the $2.xx one as a lost cause. Should I just give up on the $17 card as well?
I had a card expire on me that had fees deducted. I contacted them AFTER the expiration date, and the card was reissued with the full amount. If I remember correctly, I found a different phone number listed under the Lost/Stolen card link where I was able to speak to someone.

I also had another card that I tried to use at Staples in the month it was to due to expire. They couldn't get the card to work, so he manually deducted the amount from my purchase and cut up the card. Needless to say, I will be burning those ASAP from now on.