FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is there a current seating/aircraft guide?
Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:47 am
intuition
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by reflektia
In related things, previous occupant had deposited his/her wine list inside the chair where it clogged gear rim. As crew was busy ("oh, reclining doesn't seem to work, we'll notify tech") and flight was full, it took some time before I got seat dismantled enough to remove wine list and reclining back to work. Too bad I didn't take a picture from absolutely shredded wine list
Oh, I have also been the chair-diver a few times too!. Junior lost the cell phone during sleep (which besides the risk of losing a valuable item is really dangerous - I have seen reports of small fires when lithium batteries get shorted inside mechanism)

IME, staff are always nonplussed when it comes to internals of the reclining mechanism. If you lose something inside they just go "Eh, OK". Last time I manage to get them to fetch the emergency flashlight before I went in.

For those interested, best attack angle is from beneath - if you can raise the foot rest alone, you can slide/crawl inside with your back on the floor. It is pretty much open from there.