FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finnair / AY: Earning AA Miles, Loyalty Points Questions (master thread)
Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:44 am
bhomburg

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Now, the legroom - there's definitely more than just enough of that. The space available there is HUGE. I do have long legs, and even when stretched out my feet do not touch the bulkhead. Carryon may be placed on the floor except for takeoff and landing (or when there's turbulence).

AY charges 60 Euros for those seats - definitely worth it should you have no status.
There's one caveat, though - which could potentially ruin your flight: As these are bassinet locations, pax with infants will be placed there should the rear bassinet locations be already full. Which was the case on my return flight - thankfully, the little ones in my vicinity were all very well behaved on this flight.
And AY has those 343 flying in several configurations which all vary slightly in layout and presumably available space. This shows tail number OH-LQA.

The crew protects empty seats in this section as well - one may self-upgrade to there only after paying the 60 Euro fee (can be done on board).

Bottom line: When flying Europe-Asia/AUS/NZ and I'm stuck in Y, this will stay the way to go for me even with reduced AA earning after the 'R' bucket gets reallocated to its proper place come tomorrow. At least I got to enjoy it while it lasted.