FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)
Old Jan 30, 2015, 12:34 pm
Brugge

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by livestrongforever
So to Clarify,

I applied and got approved for a Citi MC Platinum 7 days ago using link 3 and getting 50k.

Tomorrow (the 8th day), I can apply for the Gold Card because I NEVER EVER had a gold card in my life. I should be good to go on that? I know the mileage is only 25k but better than nothing

Also I noticed the two links in the wiki for Gold: Which one should I go for? They look identical....

Citi Gold Mastercard. 25,000 miles after $750 spend in 3 months. $50 annual fee, waived first year. No landing page available.

Landing page for Citi Gold Mastercard. 25,000 miles after $750 spend in 3 months. $50 annual fee, waived first year. Leads to application page. Note: Application page states that "American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles not available if you have had a Citi / AAdvantage Gold MasterCard opened or closed in the past 18 months."
Yes you are good to go for the Gold. I don't have any data points on the two apps. Maybe someone else does? If not, I'd always prefer an app that has a landing page where you can take a screen shot to prove what you applied for, should Citi ever dispute the bonus you expected to get.