FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Overreaction to changes?
View Single Post
Old Jan 30, 2015, 10:01 am
AA_EXP09
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Caronahill
This is the crux of the matter. In addition, how do you get people who may be travelling in WT/ET to remain loyal to your brand? If the answer is, as seems to be, that BA doesn't really G.A.S., BA is missing a huge chance to encourage people away LCCs.

I was booking a flight last night. LCC was £100 (all in except food) and BA was £140 (not HBO) and CE was £200. Same destination, similar timings. Why will I book one over the other?
Another example-ISTLON one way, BA quotes 105 EUR for a standard fare, TK offers 99EUR for a similar fare. I have *A as well as OW status. The only reason I booked BA on this one is that my mates could get the 81 EUR HBO, pay me 10 EUR for the 1 piece of luggage that they wanted to carry (i.e. our group only needed 2 pieces of luggage, instead of 3. I also know in advance my mates are not importing prohibited goods into the UK), and net price for all 3 of us is cheaper than TK (I will give BA lounge a better rating at LHR, TK at IST, to balance out differences there.)
TK is no LCC either.