FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - same day flight change/standby
View Single Post
Old Jan 30, 2015, 6:01 am
Mafai

Programs: BA- GGL, Hyatt-GLB, Marriott- AMB
If you don't show up for the flight, they will be cancel the whole itinerary. Since You booked via orbitz, CX will not have control of the ticket and you will need to call your OTA. Usually CX tickets in Business class, I, A, D are free to change. However, you have a mixed carrier ticket, and subject to the ticket conditions, it makes the situation more complicated for CX to do anything. Be prepared to call Orbitz, they are generally OK over the phone.

Originally Posted by sylaw72
I am currently booking a flight from TPE-HKG, that is the start of a ticket that I am looking on Orbitz. The flight is 7am in the morning, with a one day layover in HK, then flying to Europe, via a different airline. If i ended up missing (or don't take) the 7am flight, but still want to go to HK later that day, what will be my options (I am in business class):

1) Will Cathay re-book me on a later flight for that day, so long as I pay the change fees?

2) Can they do this over the phone via their customer service, vs. having to show up at the airport?

3) Do I have to tell them before my 7am flight take off that I am not taking that flight, and that I want to switch to another flight later that day?

4) Does it matter that the ticket was purchased from Orbitz?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

sylaw72