FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Replacing Surface Pro - Asus T100TAM or Acer Switch 10?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 7:41 pm
IsleOfMan

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
A few in my company are now running with Surface Pro 3's, but after playing with theirs the only improvement is the screen size. Same issues when trying to place it on a tray table, my lap, etc. I've grown to use it so little that I avoid and delay anything I can until I return to my home office and then use my desktop. I even use my iPad now for expense reports when traveling...
I can see the Surface 3 as being a better laptop, but I'm looking for a better tablet that's still a somewhat usable laptop. My ideal "Surface" product would have been something the form-factor of a Surface RT but 4:3 and running BayTrail (thin/light/fan-less/long-battery)... still wouldn't have fixed the tray-table issue, but would be infinitely more usable as a tablet while still being able to get some work done when necessary too. Call it the "Surface Home" or "Surface Lite" maybe? I guess the margin just isn't there to support the price point necessary to maintain the Surface build-quality but also compete with a growing crop of $300 hybrids.