FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)
Old Jan 29, 2015, 7:19 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sddjd
Quick question regarding the 8 day rule- I was approved for a pers Plat on 1/21 (via online chat with Citi, etc). However, I received the confirming materials via email on 1/26. Does this mean I must wait until 1/26+8 to apply for the Biz Card or should the approval date in their system show 1/21?
It's not counted from either the approval or the receipt date. It's counted from the application date. You didn't make clear whether you also applied on 1/21 or earlier.

Having said that, 8 days is minimal padding (to an official "1 week") at a bank (Citi) that is notorious for not counting days right. So unless you have a pressing to do it on the earliest day possible, why rush it? You won't be able to do a third Citi app until 65 days from your first one, whether you do your second one at 8, or 15, or 30, or 45 days from your first one. And your clock on the minimum spend of the each card will start from approval, so the closer in time you apply for the second card, the less time you will have to do both minimum spends. Those are all good reasons to wait longer than the minimum of 8 days; what's your pressing reason to apply for the second card just as soon as you can?