FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priority Seating with MP Gold on One World flight using another FFP
Old Jan 29, 2015, 2:49 pm
DanTravel

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
How on earth is AA going to know that you're OWS if you don't put in your MPC Gold number?

If you don't put down your CX Gold number on your reservation, you're just a basic member as far as AA goes. And if you chose preferred seating, then you are liable to be charged for sitting there.

Why don't you just put your CX number in the reservation and change it at the gate before you board. Then you get all the privileges accorded to being a OWS member including lounge access.
I don't believe I will be charged in this case. The website indicated AA would assign me another seat. However, during seat selection only Priority seats were available, so either it's included in my fare or they'll just keep me there or give me another priority seat.

I've never had a problem getting into Domestic or International oneworld Lounges with my CX Gold membership. This includes, TAM, LAN, and AA lounges. All lounges I accessed with my Marco Polo oneworld Emerald Status while flying on tickets with my AAdvantage number.

They check my boarding passes, my card, and say - yep this gives you access.. and I go in.

I'd say in the past year, I've visited 20 AA/LAN/TAM lounges this way. I have 0 Marco Polo gold points.