FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Replacing Surface Pro - Asus T100TAM or Acer Switch 10?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:19 am
Need

Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
Well, I just ordered the Asus T100TAM 64GB from Amazon with Prime 1-Day shipping, so it should be here tomorrow. I also ordered an HP x4000b Bluetooth Mouse (to replace the Arc I'm selling with the Surface Pro) and micro HDMI cable (to replace the mini-DP adapter I'm selling with the Surface Pro), and a 3pk of matte screen protectors, but those all came from eBay and should come next week.

I may be at a mall with a Microsoft Store over the weekend, so I'll try to check out the Acer Switch 10 in person, but I was a bit swayed when I saw a picture of the Switch 10 next to a Macbook Pro 13" (both closed flat) and the Switch 10 was ~25% thicker. The T100TAM really isn't any thinner, but the radiused edges on both the top of the tablet and bottom of the keyboard sure do make it seem A LOT thinner. The 32gb Acer for $229 from MS really is a great deal, but I just can't get over how thick it looked next to a MBP13.
I know you are looking for a 10" tablet, but since you mentioned the size of Macbook Pro 13", have you looked at the new Dell XPS 13? It is smaller and thinner than a Macbook Air 11" but with a 13" touch screen... and run Windows haha.