FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Executive Club Changes
View Single Post
Old Jan 29, 2015, 2:33 am
nobbyclark

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by thatsthebadger
Flying is a necessary evil for me in my work. It just happened that lounge use and Avios collection was a nice bonus to the activity and encouraged my loyalty to BA. I'll fly just as much fron now on, I just won't be loyal. Schedule and price will be the only factors I'll look for.

I just booked a Norwegian flight to Stockholm as a case in point. Some £60 cheaper for a day return and the BAEC benefits don't outweigh that any more. Ho hum. Time will tell whether today's news will impact BA but they won't change course. Not in the short term. Therefore I will.
Sums up my life too. I choose to go via LHR to most EU locations because the lounges and avios are a welcome perk, both for business and pleasure. I was a baw hair away from GGL qualification this year until they changed the rules and moved the date earlier. Couple that to the removal of INT-DOM fast track and the general security shambles at T5, I have now stopped returning to the UK via LHR and always go direct to EDI where possible. I still travel out via LHR, as connections are a breeze and I can make use of the Flounge, at least for the next 18 months or so. This has reduced my TP accumulation but since GGL isn't going to happen and I'm still 11K away from LTG, I'm not that bothered. These additional changes announced yesterday mean that gold is an unlikely tier in the future, even with 180 legs and a £40k annual spend.