FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)
Old Jan 28, 2015, 2:09 pm
Frindle

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
For some reason a few people are having lots of problems with Comenity's fraud detection algorithm, but I think that most people are having no problems at all.

I don't think anyone is sure why. Probably there is something in their spending pattern that is triggering something in Comenity's algorithm that is too sensitive. I think that this can happen with any bank, but with Comenity being smaller they probably have less sophisticated systems so they may be more susceptible to it. I would't worry about it. Always carrying at least 2 cards is a good idea no matter what.

I have had one false fraud detection flag on a card in my life (it was years ago). It does happen occasionally but it should be very rare. I have also had actual fraud on cards a couple of times.
It's probably also worth noting, in Comenty's defense, that they primarily issue store-brand cards, so aren't used to dealing with charges from varying retailers on the same account.