FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Executive Club Changes
View Single Post
Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:54 pm
smithgf

Programs: BAEC, Silver
What it means for average Joe

I had to register on this forum in order to add my tuppence on this topic.

I consider myself an average Joe with respect to my spend with BA. I'm very loyal and on the whole BA have been very good to me. However, I work hard for my money and when I fly BA (mostly for leisure) I always spend that little bit extra to fly WTP wherever possible both to accrue a cabin bonus, TP bonus, chance of upgrade and to desperately claw my way towards Silver from Bronze which I have always aspired to. I try to buy my tickets during the sales (mostly T class) and try to MFU to CW wherever possible.

Recently, I spent more money than I normally would have on a flight to Dubai next month flying CW out and WTP back in order to attain my life long dream of that silver badge.

So can you imagine my dismay at reading these changes? What I thought I was going to get with respect to my Silver benefits will now mean only a 50% Avios bonus on all future flights instead of 100%. My normal T fare cabin bonus in future will only be 100% instead of my normal 125% and the dream flight I was saving up for (a return business class ticket to Sydney) will cost me 250k-300k Avios instead of 200k). Lose, Lose, Lose.

I think I represent a lot of people who can't afford to pay for J or F or have travel paid for by the company. The news today has made it that little bit more difficult for poor old Joe I'm sad to say and wasn't exactly what I spent so much money recently buying into.......