FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transfer Membership Rewards points to which airline or hotel program? (2015 - 2021)
Old Jan 28, 2015, 8:07 am
bgriff

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by ghia74
I am helping a friend from work to best utilize his 1 million MR points for a a family Hawaii trip. 2 adults would fly First/Bus with kids in coach. Spending about 10 days in HNL/OGG. In reading through everything I am thinking he should convert to Delta and stay in Hiltons. Could he better take advantage of the BA deal to fly AA? Any other things I am missing?Thanks
One more thought -- Hawaiian Airlines is also an MR transfer partner, and they fly to JFK. Their business class seat is not as nice as the ones Delta has to ATL or United has to EWR, but they may be easier to find award space on. Assuming you are starting in Boston you would have to book a separate flight (or train) from Boston to JFK. It looks like Hawaiian could offer you a redemption on JetBlue for that route, but you would probably be better off just paying cash. You would also need to make sure you leave plenty of connecting time between the two separate tickets.