FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airports not accommodating passengers.
View Single Post
Old Jan 28, 2015, 7:19 am
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam1222
If the predictions of the storm had been for 2 inches or even 6 inches, people would not have panicked. The fact that people rushed the grocery store when there were only 3 inches of snow is irrelevant, since the predictions were of 2 to 3 feet.

As someone who has lived all over the country, I've found the midatlantic and South to be far worse on snow than the Northeast. Have you seen folks respond to 1 inch of snow in Atlanta? I know it's trendy to sometimes bash the people who live on the coasts as effete elitists, but suggesting "the Northeast" as a whole overreacts to snow as opposed to the good humble folk of Missouri or the rest of the country is asinine. Don't believe everything you see on Fox News.
Fox News...LOL. All of the networks were absolutely going mental. For all I know Fox was doing less blizzard coverage as there isn't a good way to tie this storm directly to Obama.

I too have lived all over, including Chicago, DC, and Denver. Also spent a lot of time in Western NY and Canada. All places that get snow...but don't totally panic about it.

DC probably falls into the category of places that shut down easily with small snowfall totals (I remember days when everybody worked from home because of 3-4 inches), but the hysterics and proclamations that the storms were "historic" and of such an epic proportion that we'll talk about them a century from now were not there.

I do like the pictures from Boston, though. They got a lot of snow and will probably talk about it until the next time they get a lot of snow.