FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)
Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:48 am
uncleruckus

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
That is a sweet deal.

The card is well worth it. Save two change fees and it pays for itself. If you fly enough to be close to Gold it's a no-brainer; getting 3 pts per dollar on VX tickets is huge ($10k on tickets = 30k pts = $660 worth of pts). Even if you just set it up as a payment method on the VX website and then put it into a drawer and forget about it you will come out ahead if you fly VX a moderate amount.

I don't see how you could get yourself into a "huge mess" with this or any other card; there are no problems with it. Comenity is a small bank but the card works just like any other CC. You buy stuff on it and pay it off every month. The points post as soon as the statement closes.
Very good points. I guess I was just reading how people get their card denied when making random purchases for no apparent reason and I just don't want to ever deal with that. I don't think I've ever had a card get denied so I'd like to continue that trend.