FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:19 pm
IkeEsq

Originally Posted by jacobsta811
Got my denial letter, the gist of it is, if you are applying for business and you have ever had a business card before, *DO NOT APPLY USING THE NEW LINKS*

This is not the "still open parent account problem", but new to the new links I think. Note I got "you must call in", not instant denial, so if you get a clueless CSR you might still get approved.

Full text:
Unfortunately, we can't approve your application
Thanks for your interest in the CitiBusiness/AAdvantage Platinum Select World Mastercard account. We reviewed your application and can't approve it because:

This specific offer is valid only for first-time CitiBusiness/AAdvantage cardmembers. Our records indicate you previously had a CitiBusiness/AAdvantage account with us.

I will update wiki to indicate.
Am I correct that you only ever had one previous Business card? If so, this denial does not really tell us anything new, I don't think. People have been getting these kinds of denials for years on second Business cards (although I do not know the exact language on the letter.) Until someone who has been successfully churning Business cards is no longer able to, it is difficult to tell if anything has changed.