FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Someone took my luggage
View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2015, 6:42 pm
tyc

Programs: UA GS MM
Sorry that I might have been uncleared in the of word 'lock'. The samsonite hardcase suitcase comes with one main and two side 'clamps'. The clamps keep the suitcase securely closed. The main clamp has a built in combination lock and the side clamp has a built in lock with key. I never use any of the locks when I check in luggage due to TSA screening, although I use the combination lock on the clamp frequently when I am in a hoteL.

It make me wonder when:
1. He uses the same suitcase as me, so he should know how to open up the clamp (non-locked). Instead a bar was used to plier it opened.
2. All the clamps of his own suitcase have been replaced by 3rd party parts (light brown, diff color from the black suitcase) may suggest that they were all broken and needed to be replaced. And those contrasting color of the replacement parts that were riveted on with a big piece of leather, served as distinct markings of his bag.
3. I lost a bag with valuable clothing items a few years ago and was never found.

I still think it was all a coincidence and innocent mistake, but just want to do a quick ask if similar incidents happened in this location that may suggest otherwise based on the factors mentioned.

Last edited by tyc; Jan 27, 2015 at 6:56 pm