FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airports not accommodating passengers.
View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2015, 3:27 pm
Adam1222

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by pinniped
Philly...2 inches. Newark...6 inches.

It's snow. I get it. Some people like it, some people hate it. But at some point, you're like...c'mon...it's winter, what do we expect? Does the degree to which we freak out about it *maybe*...just slightly...become a bit excessive?

"Biggest storm in history"*...until next month's storm...

And I'm not saying we're immune: some people around here lose their freaking minds when we get a foot of snow, as if it has never happened before. People run to the grocery store and buy all the bread, because I guess you just gotta carbo-load when it snows. But the Northeast really seems to take it to another level on the panic scale.

*Unclear if this is the history of the entire planet since upright hominids have occupied it, the history of cable news networks, or just de Blasio's history as mayor...
If the predictions of the storm had been for 2 inches or even 6 inches, people would not have panicked. The fact that people rushed the grocery store when there were only 3 inches of snow is irrelevant, since the predictions were of 2 to 3 feet.

As someone who has lived all over the country, I've found the midatlantic and South to be far worse on snow than the Northeast. Have you seen folks respond to 1 inch of snow in Atlanta? I know it's trendy to sometimes bash the people who live on the coasts as effete elitists, but suggesting "the Northeast" as a whole overreacts to snow as opposed to the good humble folk of Missouri or the rest of the country is asinine. Don't believe everything you see on Fox News.