FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)
Old Jan 27, 2015, 3:03 pm
VegasGambler
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uncleruckus
So I have ignored this card since it came out. I was Gold in 2014 and unfortunately did not hit 50,000 points to renew the status in 2015.

I received an email about 2 weeks ago indicating that if I sign up for the $150 card that my Gold status would renew for 2015 as long as I make a purchase on the card by April. So of course, they got me.

Hopefully I didn't get myself into a huge mess with this card based on all the trouble you guys have mentioned in this thread.

Has anyone else received a similar email from Virgin regarding the status renewal?
That is a sweet deal.

The card is well worth it. Save two change fees and it pays for itself. If you fly enough to be close to Gold it's a no-brainer; getting 3 pts per dollar on VX tickets is huge ($10k on tickets = 30k pts = $660 worth of pts). Even if you just set it up as a payment method on the VX website and then put it into a drawer and forget about it you will come out ahead if you fly VX a moderate amount.

I don't see how you could get yourself into a "huge mess" with this or any other card; there are no problems with it. Comenity is a small bank but the card works just like any other CC. You buy stuff on it and pay it off every month. The points post as soon as the statement closes.