FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Starting Oct 25 '15 UA PS/HNL long-haul redeyes/mid-cons will feature BETTER options!
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:48 pm
flyinbob
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by demkr
HUGE improvement. Thank you for listening, UA. My loyalty is retained.
Really? Over FOOD?

After flying other domestic carriers I've found that the best food is the simplest. Trying to make French cuisine, or "lobster mac & cheese", and other fancy stuff is a waste on a plane. As test after test has shown, the taste buds are affected by the pressurization and lack of humidity. I wish United and others would focus on making quality SIMPLE food. A steak, without all the fluff, pasta that's FRESH, with simple sauces and sides, salads with a wide assortment of FRESH fruits and veggies. As was pointed out upthread, even the favorite chocolate sundae is ruined by mishandling.

Tell me lunch will be a GOOD sandwich, maybe from Connies in Chicago, or GOOD pizza, or something else filling. Dinner can be the steak, or pasta, but focus on FRESH and GOOD, not fancy names. When I want a good meal I'll go to a good restaurant. On a plane, I want good, but edible and fresh are my priority.