FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airports not accommodating passengers.
View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:20 pm
Adam1222

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Nugget_Oz
Those 28+ inches are in Suffolk County which would only generously be called a New York City suburb. The vast majority of New York City and it's surrounds were in the 8-12 inch range.

Still I think the OP has a point, about the airlines, and not the airport. These days terminals at the airports are privately run and managed although the concessions are leased to private operators. So it takes a lot of likemindedness to get to where the OP wants. It's not just a case of a few guys getting together and calling Dominos.
As someone who grew-up on the Nassau/Suffolk border, I'm pretty sure a good portion of Suffolk (and the Long Island Railroad) would disagree with you. (As would the ACS data showing that the number of Suffolk residents commuting to Manhattan daily is steadily increasing). Southern Connecticut is also clearly "a New York City suburb." But even if you only consider Nassau-- the county that JFK abuts-- there's a range of 8 to 18 inches as of this morning. The snarky comment said it was "3 inches."
In addition, the dig was at the entire East Coast. I'm pretty confident that Suffolk County, NY, Connecticut, and Massachusetts are all on the East Coast.