FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015
Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:18 pm
Ritley572

Originally Posted by Ritley572
So I just got stonewalled by Chase' business reconsideration team, twice.

In November 2014 I applied for and received the CSP card with a 20k CL and the Business Ink Plus with a 10k CL (for a legitimate, real business).

Last night I applied for the Southwest Personal Premier card and was approved with a 24k CL but was declined for the Southwest Business Premier card (as well as the Amex Hilton Surpass (approved 15k CL) and the Citi Hilton HHonors (declined) as part of my sign up round robin).

For reference my latest true FICO scores which I got through a mortgage refinance that closed last Friday were all over 780.

I called the business reconsideration line this morning and explained to them my reasons for wanting the business card (separation of concerns between personal and business spending, just got a new contract with a company based in TX and CO and will need to be travelling a lot, SW is my preferred domestic airline, the benefits of the card along with that make it the logical choice and I've been happy with my relationship with Chase even though there isn't much history so I'd like to give them more of my business as it makes it easier for me to manage if I have a single account dashboard and single bank for my business expenses.). I was stonewalled with their reasoning being I (now) have 3 very new Chase CC accounts and they will not extend me another card until they see how I utilize my current cards. After a lengthy discussion trying to see if I had any options, including asking if moving around my credit or lowering my limits would be a sufficient "risk buffer" it was apparent I wasn't getting anywhere with this rep so I said thank you hung up and tried again a few hours later. The second conversation went exactly the same with a different rep.

This is all fine and I can't say I'm surprised other than it was curious to me that they refused to just lower my CC limits and give me another business card. I asked why 3 cards with a 55k limit is OK but 4 cards with that same limit, or even lower, isn't. I didn't receive a satisfactory answer.

My question is this. Is it worth it for me to call the business credit reallocation office or the executive offices or should I just take my lumps and wait the ludicrous time suggested (6 months to a year) before re-applying? (Or play around with getting those pulls to drop off my reports if Chase uses one of the two FICO bureaus that I can do that with, though that seems like way too much of a hassle for an admitted newbie like myself)
Update on this. After calling 4 times to the business recon line and getting shot down all 4 times I called the executive offices line and explained I would gladly lower CL or shift CL to accomodate and re-iterated that I wanted the card because I was going to be travelling for my business often and SW is my preferred domestic airline. After 4 days I received notification that the decision stands to not give me a new business card until they "see how I do" with my ink card. Oh well. Guess I'll have to wait til June for my companion pass.