FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United wrecked car seat: what can we do?
View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:02 am
USHPNWDLUA

Programs: UA-GS, Hyatt-Defiantly Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I have seen many checked infant seats wrapped in plastic. Not that uncommon because, well, as you say, who keeps the box or wants to travel with it?

But I have also often wondered if it would be really too much to ask for the ramp workers to treat bags a bit more carefully. I mean, we passengers are all sitting there in the terminal at the gate or in the plane looking out of the windows and see how they toss the bags around, how they slam them onto the carts or conveyor, how the bags tumble off the conveyor belts etc. etc. is that what United *wants* them to do? Is that standard procedure?
Hmmmmm. Really? Maybe this is more reasonable position?
But I have also often wondered why it appears from the climate-controlled airplane or terminal that the ramp workers don't to treat bags very carefully. I mean, we passengers are all sitting there in the terminal at the gate or in the plane looking out of the windows and see how they toss the bags around, but wouldn't it be interesting and educational to join them for a day to see how things really are down there?