FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Benefits of American Express personal Premier Rewards Gold?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 5:13 am
dukerau

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by sciconf
Thanks @dungeonlurker
I got approved.

Wonder what am I going to do with these pts?
I find the Chase UR are valuable - hotels mainly.

Still wonder where these are to be utilized if United is not in their list?
I have Hertz program too.
There are many more options than with Chase UR, but they're more nuanced in terms of when to use what. Aeroplan and ANA are both transfer partners of Amex and can be used for Star Alliance award flights, so the same flights you would book with United miles. They are often cheaper in terms of mileage cost than United. However, flying on many international airlines with ANA/Aeroplan comes with hefty fuel surcharges. But you can often avoid those airlines and get quite a deal using ANA/Aeroplan. They're also transferable to BA, which are great to use for domestic AA/US flights. And Amex are transferable to Delta. There are other transfer partners outside the big 3 alliances as well. Tons of options. I don't think Amex has any good hotel transfer partner like Chase's Hyatt. In general, transfering Amex/Chase to hotel programs is a poor value proposition relative to airline miles, but Hyatt is the notable exception.