FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel in Letter of Invitation
View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:58 am
ncvet61

Programs: AA/BA/DL/US Air
Originally Posted by RussianTexan
My query is about the letter of invitation: I can order it from waytorussia.net but which hotel do I put down? We don't really want to stay in hotels. Should we just make something up? Or maybe make a 1-day hotel reservation?

How should I go about getting the letter of invitation? We don't want to do the private visa, we don't want to bother our family with that.
How long are you staying? You have up to seven business days to register your visa, (keeping in mind it can take up to 72 hours to submit your visa and to get it back). If your staying longer see how I do it using GTR.

I mostly use www.gotorussia.com as I live far away from nearest embassy. I stay with family in Russia but find it easier to get tourist visa. GTR issues the invitation and they email me the name/codes etc., of hotel in Moscow, (My invitation states I am registered there for my entire stay), but I fly to Kurgan on day of arrival in Moscow, (not registering in Moscow).

I fill out the visa application after GTR gives me the proper invitation letter information.

I then register within 7 days in Kurgan at family address. I've never had a problem doing this. If you're staying with family/friends in Russia and you get there within the 7 business days, you can go to local office and most likely register on the spot. Your family/friend should know the proper office.

Don't register for 1 day as most hotels will "register you out" after one day.