FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EWR-BRU-TXL-MUC-EWR UA BusinessFirst, SN/LH Y & Berlin
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:24 am
JVPhoto

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Casa Camper, Berlin (Mitte)

Guten Morgen (well sorta). As I said I'm here celebrating a birthday for a friend who is a DJ, so after a 3 hour power nap following Berghain I'm waiting on someone I shoot with every time I'm here.

(Most of this I'm lifting from a previous TR...I'm approaching about a dozen times staying at the hotel.)

I started staying at Casa Camper in 2009 when I came here for the first time (I actually flew EWR-BRU-TXL and walked right by the gate I took that trip from BRU and got a little sentimental) when I was working as a buyer for a online fashion retailer and we were attending a giant trade show at Templehof called Bread & Butter.

As its name would suggest it is owned by the Camper shoe brand which operates this hotel in Berlin as well as one in Barcelona. I absolutely love it.
You can see in the photo the rooms have giant windows that face out over Weinmeisterstraße and into Berlin. Don't worry about that if you want to sleep in as they have mechanical shutters that you can totally black out the room.
There is no bathtub (my only gripe) but the rainfall shower with a door that shuts to create a sauna is amazing...as is the floor to ceiling window (frosted in the right spots) that's in the shower.

One of the best features is the 7th floor cafe that is available 24 hours a day...FREE OF CHARGE. Breakfast you can also have them make you eggs or pancakes if you'd like which is available until about 11 on weekdays and 2pm on weekends. After that they change it out and typically always have 3 types of sandwhiches, 3 types of sides/salads, some sweets, some smoothies, espresso machine, beautiful teas, fresh juices...and then from about 4pm-10pm they unlock the honor bar off to the side. Not really a full meal, but great to snack, get a lite bite or in the case of winter not having to go out in the cold when you're hungry or thirsty.

There's also a small fitness center (a few cardio machines and a resistance band weight contraption) which attached to it has a sauna (just have front desk turn it on takes about 20 min to heat up) and a nice spa like lounge with tea and iced mint water.

[IMG][/IMG]