FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Starting Oct 25 '15 UA PS/HNL long-haul redeyes/mid-cons will feature BETTER options!
Old Jan 24, 2015, 7:27 pm
PTahCha
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by channa
The jambalaya is an old dish from the pre-Smisek CO days, and it is good.
PMUA had it as well, as pre-arrival meal SEA-NRT. Great to see that it's back.

Originally Posted by mike1968
^+1.

United First and vegetarian are two words that don't go together anymore unfortunately. Usually it's chicken paired with chicken and occasionally some other meat product out of ORD.

Will be interesting if true, but most likely I'd still go with AA which has Had a vegetarian offering on every flight ...lunch and dinner...that I can pre-order and guarantee since the U.S. merger (o the concept and convenience for F buying passengers).

At least the press release on the flyer talk home page indicates that they are now aspiring to "restaurant-quality" as opposed to previous goal of "institutional-quality." That sounds like a plus.

If any reports on them truly offering a vegetarian option that won't be gone once they pass through the GS/1K upgrades before getting to the F fare buying lowlifes, I would love to hear them.
Don't they normally have pasta as second option?