FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - India Hotel Questions
View Single Post
Old Jan 24, 2015, 6:20 pm
uclabruin82

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
India Hotel Questions

Hello All,
My wife and I are starting to plan a trip to India and would appreciate any help I can get from this board. I have reviewed some of the older threads and trip reports which have been very helpful, so have some specific questions.

1) Tiger safari - we are definitely doing this. Since we would be going in December, which seems to be before prime viewing season, we were thinking about going to one of the &beyond properties. Again, from the older posts, it seems that Banjaar Tola seems to be the most highly recommended of the 4, but was curious if that has changed or if Mahua Kothi has a better chance of seeing a Tiger at that time. Separately, if logistics make us stay in the north, is Aman-i-khas a no brainer over Vanyavilas? Is there any difference in the safari itself, or is the difference only in the service/non-safari excursions?
a) A non-"luxury hotel" question, but in December, does anyone have a sense of how much likelier/less-likely we would be in seeing a Tiger at Aman-i-Khas vs the &Beyond properties? It is a pretty big travel commitment to get to &Beyond, but is worth it if it makes a big difference in seeing a tiger

2) Given 1 night at the Oberoi in Agra and 3 nights on Safari, that leaves us with 6 nights to go elsewhere (the last 4 nights are in Goa for some sun and beach). I think given travel times, and the fact that online I have not been able to find flights from Jaipur to Udaipur anymore, I would prefer to pick 2 places for 3 nights each. My current thoughts would be to do Rambagh Palance/Taj Lake Palace. Is it a real shame to miss out on Amanbagh? If we stay at Amanbagh for 3 nights and do a day trip to Jaipur, is that enough "to do Jaipur?" Or should I decide between Amanbagh & Jaipur?

3) In theory, we could do 3 stays of 2 nights each at the places mentioned above, but would I be missing out by trying to rush everything in (my sense based on previous similar threads is yes)?

Again, thank you in advance for any advice!