FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Connections / Connecting between terminals at ORD" thread
Old Jan 24, 2015, 1:56 pm
JimInOhio

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by domchiu
Sorry I am new to this forums, please easy on me. I have a question need help.
I am coming back from HKG to YYZ on Feb 17. The flight is UA from HKG to ORD and I only have 1hr and 34 mins for transit. And my connection flight from ORD to YYZ is AC. What will I do if the UA flight is delayed and I miss the AC connection flight in ORD. Should I go to AC counter for the next available flight or I go to UA counter for the next available flight?
1 hr and 34 mins for transit in ORD, is it a bit tight? I land on Terminal 5 and leave on Terminal 2 for AC flight back to YYZ. Do I need to go through the USA custom and pick up my checked luggage and go to AC counter to drop it off to the belt? After that I need to take the tram to Terminal 2.
Please help and Thanks.
That is a tight connection but not impossible. As long as both flights are part of one reservation, AC will accommodate you on the next available flight should you miss the connection.

Yes, you will go through US customs and immigration in T5 and then hand over your luggage to AC immediately after.