FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase BA Companion Ticket $30,000 Spend
View Single Post
Old Jan 24, 2015, 12:23 pm
crazyhorse

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
I'm not a BA flyer but I am now considering moving my ~30K spend from the Amex PRG over to the Chase BA card to get the "Travel Together Ticket".

I read through the past few pages of this thread but I am not sure I fully understand this specific item in the T&Cs

"A Member who has two valid vouchers on their account has the option to redeem both of them simultaneously on one flight booking, the Avios flight price must be paid for the Member and an additional individual in order than 2 Companions can travel on that booking."

Does this mean that if I earn 2 of these companion vouchers through spending 30K over 2 years, I can use them to bring along 2 companions on my booking. in my case, does it imply that I could book a F/J ticket from the US to Asia for ~180K Avios + taxes/fees and my wife and daughter get the 2 free tickets by paying just the taxes/fees?

I understand that BA Taxes/Fees are exorbitant (~$1600/pp on a test booking) but that would still be a pretty good deal if I can get 3 Biz or First tickets for (1 x Avios) + (3 x Taxes/Fees)

Can anyone confirm or I am reading this wrong? What is this "additional individual" part?