FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SUGGESTION BOX: How can we improve this forum?
Old Jan 23, 2015, 5:05 pm
Vegasrider

Originally Posted by CDKing
A like this post feature is currently under discussion. Not sure where it's at now. Being discussed in talkboard. Not sure if you have enough posts to add input but it's under the community section
I belong to many forums, most have likes button, but there is only one forum that I belong to with a thanks button. In my opinion, the thanks button is much better and serves more than those likes button. Like buttons are too much associated with Facebook, and thanks is not the same as a like. I think it carries more weight.

As a new member of this forum and a public one, It's hard to verify anyone's credibility, including mine but I guess on this forum and at this point post counts is really the only way. Anyone can doctor up a profile, signature, etc. Besides the thanks button, a rep meter next to the member's avatar I have found very useful. Reps are earned in a variety of ways, from posts, the number of thanks you give and receive, online activity, how long you've been a member, etc. In other words, its earned over time. But rep points can be deducted as well with bad info.

I've included a link to the forum that has a thanks button and a reputation meter so you can see what I'm referring to. This is a very active forum, whether it's a like button or thanks button, I think it should be available to minimize the clutter. And the rep meter does help, since a lot of advice are dished out on this forum. And maybe a rep meter has already been considered. I wouldn't be surprised.

By the way, that Glossary tab rocks! Very impressed. I would give you a Thanks and throw you a rep point if we had one.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/cmps_index.php

Last edited by Vegasrider; Jan 25, 2015 at 3:54 pm