FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PIN available now for Visa/MC prepaid debit cards(2013-2016).
Old Jan 22, 2015, 11:36 pm
ajhardee

Talking

Originally Posted by wangxinqing
Hi there, here I have a new experience regarding the MasterCard Gift Card issued by U.S. Bank (20 dollars to 500 dollars, nonreloadable, activation fee is 5.95 dollars). I purchased Money Order at my local Walmart and had to follow the Wiki (e.g., Change payment...) to let the card to be accepted. However, when I did the same thing at Hy-Vee, there was no need to do the "Change payment..." thing: I just swiped the card and the screen required the PIN. I entered the PIN and the card went through successfully.

On the other hand, Hy-Vee charges a serve fee of Money Order a little bit lower than Walmart (fee for Walmart was 70 cents and fee for Hy-Vee was 69 cents). At Hy-Vee, one person can only purchase up to two Money Orders each day and can only put up to 999.99 dollars in each Money Order. While for Walmart, the limit for each Money Order is 1000 dollars and there is no daily limit (the cashier told me this information).

So, you might chose which store you wanna to go for purchasing Money Order(s) based on my experience.
Thanks for the info My local Grocery store charges .49 per MO and allows me to get $1000 x 2 daily. I use Vanilla One and never have to use a "work around" method. Keep Churning!

Last edited by ajhardee; Jan 22, 2015 at 11:38 pm Reason: typo