FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Bangkok (Erawan) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:46 pm
Aventine
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Brituchenite
Staying at the GH Erawan currently.

It's been a couple of years since I was last here, and I have to say I'm not particularly fond of the changes to the Grand Club. It seems a bit too sterile now. The food selection is still good, though, and the service is, as always, great. The staff are super friendly and helpful.

The "new" guest room decor isn't to my taste - I prefer the more traditional look of the old rooms - but, YMMV. The room I am in is on the 16th floor and seems to have a lot of mirrors everywhere! Makes it a tad difficult to navigate in the middle of the night, blurry eyed and jet lagged - I felt like I was in a hall of mirrors and had to be careful not to walk into one!

Still, this is one of my favorite Hyatt hotels and I am happy to be back. I elected to receive the 1000 points rather than the amenity. In the past, even when selecting points, they always left a bowl of fruit or some cookies in teh room. This time, just a note and a tiny floral thingamabob (don't exactly know what to call it!).

Regarding SPA: a few years ago I happened across a SPA that I love - Lavana. It is on Sukhumvit Soi 12, very close to the Sheraton/Westin Grande, near the Asoke BTR. Great spa, reasonable prices. Worth checking out if you are nearby. I have booked a 1hr body scrub, 2hr aromatherapy massage, and a 1 hr foot reflexology - less than $70US for the lot! Wouldn't even get a sniff of the aromatherapy oil for that price in my neck of the woods in the US!!!!
Lavana is a famous one. My SO is just very picky and doesn't trust the non-hotel spas for cleanliness and prior problems with CC stripping (I just pay and don't argue) but that is a great price.

I was a bit disappointed from GH Erawan because my Hyatt GM friend told his counterpart to have someone (concierge or guest relations) contact me and no one ever did. We were actually going to stay there for our next Bangkok trip but that snub was just a turn off.