FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Australia, the farewell tour: NSW Coast, Great Ocean Road, Tasmania then SYD-LHR in F
Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:33 am
matthandy

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cyclogenesis
Just wow.. As a former Canberra resident we headed to Kiama and the south coast often,... often camping.. Miss that coastline!
Thanks cyclogenesis. Hope that the weather at Kiama was better for you than it was for me.

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I hope you save this story for your sister's children to read when they are older. Lucky children to have an uncle who loves them so much he moves half way around the world to be close.

I loved the picture of the lorrikeets all lined up on the arm.
Thanks SanDiego1K. Yes, they are lucky really, they got Mickey and Minnie mouse toys from Hong Kong from me only last week.

As for the lorikeets, they actually started fighting with each other so my step father had to wave them off. They are noisy little things.

Originally Posted by ellielovesem
Just what I've been waiting for! It's been too long between reports
I know, I'm about 4 behind now!

Originally Posted by ellielovesem
Excellent first part. Jervis Bay looks fab, it is on our list and your photos make me more determined to get there soon. Last time I was in Aus me and sis did GOR, it was probably the only 'major' attraction that we hadn't ticked off the list so I look forward to that part.
Jervis Bay was great. I can thoroughly recommend it. It's only a 3 or so hour drive from Sydney. Well worth it. I actually did the GOR twice on this trip, once from the top and once from the bottom, so I have it well covered now.

Originally Posted by goback
Thanks for the report. I spent all my childhood/teenage summers at Huskisson on Jervis Bay. Somewhat of a surprise to see it on FT. I hope all goes well back in the UK.
Thank you goback. Huskisson was amazing. What a beautiful place to live. It felt like a proper holiday town.

Originally Posted by jmj9905
Thanks for the great TR. My wife and I did our first trip to OZ in April 2014. This brings back some great memories. Can't wait for the GOR and Tazzie parts.
Thank you jmj9905. Hope that you first trip has encouraged you to return and explore some more.

Originally Posted by BA5E
Well, so nice now to see your TR of places you are visiting before leaving OZ, loving all so far, and the pics are always so fantastic, look forward to the next episode.^
Thanks BA5E. Lots more to come, Tasmania was amazing.