FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - is it cruel when company policy only allow coach on 15-hour flight, even for the CEO?
Old Jan 21, 2015, 11:56 pm
Tchiowa
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Ber2dca
And there's nothing wrong with it. Many orgs try to provide extra perks to staff in order to keep staff morale up and improve employee retention. If this is part of a company's efforts to keep staff happy then why not?

I suppose it comes down to the overall package offered. If a company declines to "treat" its staff to premium travel and it's your third time in as many weeks sitting cramped in coach from Dallas to Hong Kong with a large noisy family around you and you think to yourself: "What the *** am I doing here?" then it's probably time to look for an exit strategy. If you're still happy enough with your job for other reasons then you'll find a way to cope with it.
^

Originally Posted by cbn42
Thanks for sharing. Just out of curiosity, what is the logic of allowing 5* hotels at the destinations? You can sleep better in J than in Y, but you can't sleep any better at a Ritz than at a Holiday Inn. Not that I've ever stayed at a Ritz, but I don't imagine the bed/mattress makes it any easier to sleep.
I think your question is answered above. It's part of the perks that a company provides its employees. For many people travel is a burden. Ease that burden with a big of VIP treatment.