FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Into Milan - Where from there?
View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2015, 3:17 pm
jbp32

Into Milan - Where from there?

My GF and I took advantage of the EWR-MXP fare and are headed to Italy (not the only place currently considering) and are looking for suggestions on where to go from there. We arrive the morning of February the 7th and fly back the 12th. I have been to Milan, but she hasn't so I'll probably take her to the Duomo and see the fashion area and maybe the Last Supper painting.

Our first thought is to take the train and do Venice for 2 nights and then take the train to Florence and do 3 nights there before heading back to Milan.

My question is where else within driving distance/train would you recommend? We are both big skiers, so we were looking at Austria, Chamonix and the Dolomites. We love the idea of quaint snowy mountain towns and also love great food and wine.

Would like to keep the "total" travel time to a minimum. The trains to Venice/Florence are only a few hours. Wouldn't want to give up an entire day traveling unless it was driving in the Alps or something along those lines as in that case the journey is part of the adventure.